At Pathlight, we passionately believe that Mental Health First Aid training benefits everyone. We are very happy to support MHFA England’s mission to train 1 in 10 people in Mental Health First Aid skills. Since the lockdown began, we have been unable to deliver face-to-face training but we can now offer some of our Mental Health First Aid courses ONLINE. Find out more about our online versions of the Adult two-day Mental Health First Aider qualification and the Adult half-day Mental Health Aware courses below. All of our courses are official MHFA England products, delivered by a fully accredited trainer.
- The Adult 2-day Mental Health First Aider training provides a wealth of knowledge and skills to equip you to become a Mental Health First Aider. You will learn how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, how to support someone experiencing a mental health issue and how to break the stigma whilst keeping yourself safe and well.
- The online version of the course has the same learning outcomes as the face-to-face training. On completion, learners will receive a Mental Health First Aid certificate from MHFA England.
- The course can be delivered across four half-days or two full days.
- The online course consists of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions hosted on the new MHFA England Online Learning Hub. The solo learning uses a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading, which can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session.
The Adult half-day Mental Health Aware training is an interactive 4-hour course that provides a really solid grounding in mental health awareness. This 4-hour course:
- Raises awareness of what mental health is and how to challenge the stigma around it
- Provides a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- Introduces how to support people who are experiencing a mental health issue
- Provides an introduction to looking after your own wellbeing.
For more details or to arrange in-house training for your organisation, please email